The article also reminded me of the humorous differences...those pinches of salt that add spice and flavor to marriage...that we each brought to the marriage and how we overcame them. It also shows how sometimes you just have to let things go or choose your battles wisely:
Jessica's family used Mayo, mine used Miracle Whip...we use Mayo now.
Jessica's family used Colgate toothpaste, mine used Crest...we use Colgate
now.
Jessica's family used Butter, mine used margirin...we use butter now.
Jessica's family used creamy peanut butter, mine used crunchy...Here is
where I had to draw the line! We have both creamy and crunchy peanut butter in
the pantry.
Jessica has only been giving our kids creamy, but when she
is out or when I am making the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches I have been
secretly providing them crunchy peanut butter and I may have one or two
converts. Shhh!
6 comentarios:
We use mayo and miracle whip, colgate, cholesterol-reducing vegetable spread, and creamy peanut butter because it comes in the large tubs, except when we can't find the large tubs, then we always get crunchy. I also no longer put butter (or equivalent) on pb&js, nor do I eat open-faced pb&js because of the mocking I received at the hands of Mrs Morty.
you guys crack me up! and can we please address the weirdness of you guys putting butter and peanut butter on you sandwiches? Barf! Wayne doesn't do it anymore unless he's taking it to school, then I'll put some on so it doesn't get soggy.
Hey you guy's, are you making fun of grandpa Morty?
I remember the first time I saw someone put peanut butter on toast. I had grown up just putting butter than jamb on toast. and I also grew up putting butter on home made bread than the peanut butter and jamb. the butter helped keep the crumbly homemade bread together long enough to get the peanut butter spread on it. AND how can you stand creamy peanut butter? thats just for making peanut butter cookies.
You guy's keep me laughing.
liv refuses to eat crunchy peanut butter, we ran out of smooth so I tried to trick her with the crunchy, she took a bite, looked at her sandwich then spit it out, she did this 3 times before finaly handing it back and saying, no, I don't like it!
UPDATE: Jessica now prefers "crunchy". Claire is allergic to peanuts so no PB for her. Anne is still our lone "creamy" hold out.
Greetings from the hills of California! My husband's family used real butter.
So we use real butter or exta virgin olive oil for most things. Except tortilla chips. My husband likes those made with corn oil.
My father-in-law was very midwestern in his tastes. Well cooked vegetables, roast, mashed potatoes with gravy and a salad.
Thank goodness my husband had a little rebellion here. We fix lots of cuisines here depending on my mood, my shcedule and the weather.
Blessings to you and your family.
Publicar un comentario