jueves, agosto 24, 2006

A moment of silence for Pluto


I don't know why this story fascinates me so much, but Pluto is no longer an official "normal" planet. It is circumference-ly and orbitally challenged "dwarf" planet. There are other dwarf planets that are larger than Pluto. Dwarf planets will be relegated to that inferior cosmic status comparable to the asteroid belt.

Just thinking about the financial implications that this decision has is interesting. All of the text books, solar sytem mobiles, etc have to be replaced now. Can the public schools afford it? Maybe I should get into the solar system paraphernalia business right away. I could have all these things made in China really cheap!

1 comentario:

Anónimo dijo...

The same thing is true for when any national border changes(Germany)or a country collapses and becomes another entity (USSR). And who says there isn't any money in the map buisness.