miércoles, enero 30, 2008

Electoral Compass


Today at work, a couple co-workers were bashing my boy Mitt and I wondered if they even knew what his politics are. They didn't have a clue. I looked up this Electoral Compass to see what candidates really matched up to their political views. I was suprised that both of them were liberal Democrats aligned with Hillary Clinton. In conversations with them, they seemed to be more moderate. I guess I need to share my political views more openly with them and see if a little education changes their views on things. Anyway, check out the Electoral Compass and see what candidates most closely represent your views!

Here are some other surveys that will help you see your alignment with the candidates:
Select a Candidate 2008
VoteMatch Quiz
Choose Your Candidate - Washington Post (This was a very thorough one where you align yourself with actual statements from the candidates.)
Surprisingly, doing all four of the candidate selectors I had a split decision between Romney and McCain. In a future blog I will show why I would have a hard time voting for McCain.

2 comentarios:

Big Morty dijo...

My "Electoral Compass" was a tie between Romney and McCain; so at least I won't be disappointed by the Republican nomination. A lot of people I work with are retired military, and you'd think they would support McCain, but most of them are so worried about their pensions and the state of the economy that Romney has become their new favorite, despite our living in the Bible belt where Huckabee had hoped to have the stronghold.

Big Morty dijo...

Correction: My "Select a Candidate" was a tie between Romney and McCain. My "Electoral Compass" was closest to Ron Paul, with Romney and McCain being close (and tied); I was furthest from Obama.