lunes, mayo 26, 2008

Cheesy eAwards: a Key to Winning Friends and Influencing People

Most of the work I do is conducted by e-mail. Surprising for being in the construction business...I know...but its true. Even though our communications are mostly through a cold and heartless network of machines, there is still a human being on the other end that needs to feel appreciated for what they do.

A few years ago I started giving out extremely cheesy eAwards for a variety of reasons as you will see below. Its amazing how much the recipients enjoy them and how much people will do for me simply because I have given them an e-pat-on-the-back. Please feel free to save the pictures below and use them to reward the efforts of those you work with in the e-world.

"Speedy Gonzalez eAward" - Probably my most often given out eAward in recognition of someone who has replied to an e-mail very quickly with important answers or information.












Another favorite for people to receive is the "Git R Done eAward" featuring Larry the Cable Guy. This award is given for people who just seem to get the job done, not matter how hard or challenging.












I'll let you all guess what the following eAward is. (First one to get it will get the secret "Dizzying Intellect eAward):



I have about a dozen others, but I don't want to give them all away. If you have any creative eAward ideas, I'd love to see what you've come up with.
I am convinced that if you can find a way to sincerely compliment every person you interact with, the world would be a better place. Try it for a day!

8 comentarios:

Brittney dijo...

The "get off the pot" award!!

Birding is Fun! dijo...

Very creative guess, but not quite right.

northslopegang dijo...

The you've done your "duty" award!!

Birding is Fun! dijo...

Another creative possibility, but still not the correct answer. Geez, this is perhaps harder than I thought. My parents are in the know because I revealed it to them in person, so they are banned from guessing.

HINT: Think of a nickname commonly used for the toilet and the red area below the toilet is important.

northslopegang dijo...

It has something to do with a throne, or royalty being king for the day. The Royal Treatment award.
King for a Day, etc.

Birding is Fun! dijo...

Johnny-on-the-Spot!

Now that you know, it is so apparent, huh?

northslopegang dijo...

I was way off. I had fun trying to guess. Any more? Next time you are near Syracuse stop by. We have an open door policy and you are welcome any time.

northslopegang dijo...

I was way off. I had fun trying to guess. Any more? Next time you are near Syracuse stop by. We have an open door policy and you are welcome any time.