domingo, septiembre 14, 2008

Grandma Carlson


We just returned from a weekend trip down to Utah to attend the funeral for my dear sweet 92 year old grandmother.  Her funeral was wonderful; the music and talks were all great and deeply touching.  There are twelve kids in the Carlson family and they were all there, plus loads of my cousins and swarms of little kids.  I know Grandma was pleased to observe the goings-on from up above, and she was probably there with Grandpa as he counted how many of his posterity were in attendance.  Here is a link to her obituary.

It is amazing to look at the infinite impact one person can have on the entire world.  Grandma raised twelve kids and each of those twelve kids had kids, and those grandkids have had and are still having loads of kids.  The posterity of Glen and Nila Carlson have served missions across the globe touching thousands of lives and wherever one with Carlson blood resides, I am confident that thousands of lives continue to be touched.  So, starting with two simple people, just about every continent has been affected by their love, example, and teachings.  I am certain that this example is part of the fulfilling of the prophecy that through the seed of Abraham, all the world would be blessed.  Not to mention that Abraham's seed will be like the sands of the sea and the stars of the heavens, so to will be the posterity of Glen and Nila Carlson.

For all my blogging relatives...it was especially nice to see you in person.  I did feel a deeper connection with you because your blogs have allowed me into your lives in some small way.  Keep it up and keep recruiting more family members to join the Carlson Junction.

5 comentarios:

northslopegang dijo...

Robert, we love you and your family. Last night we watched a home video from G & G's 50th wedding anniversary. We enjoyed it so much. We do have an amazing family. Again my heartfelt thanks for heading up the family blog. I truly feel closer to your family.
Lots of Love, aunt char

Kallee and Duncan dijo...

Hey thanks for the post....it truly touched..I still have a little tear here and there whenever i read about grandma...she truly was an amazing lady. But make sure you still come and play with the fam! It was awesome to see you this weekend!

SimplySavage dijo...

Hi Robert! That was a beautiful blog about Grandma. This is Megan, Brandon's wife. Can we be added to the junction? We are
www.simplysavage.blogspot.com

Natster dijo...

I was so happy to see your little cute fam at the funeral as well! I love that "blogs" have brought us closer as cousins! Clint made the point that I wasn't nearly as sad that my grandma had actually passed away as much as I was sad that our family might not get together like they used to. [he was not being insensitive just truthful] And... I think he was right. What a great thing family is! And I think your little blondie "C" [the youngest] is so cute! :)

Sushi-Mama dijo...

Hi Robert. We do indeed have such a blessedly large family! But because of that, I didn't get the chance to really talk to you at the funeral! I was so busy chasing the kids and taking pictures. Thank you for getting this blogging thing rolling. I do feel closer to my extended fam now more than ever! We love reading your political and spiritual views. Keep 'em coming!