miércoles, noviembre 05, 2008

Thoughts on the day after

I am glad that racism is not longer a generally accepted part of American politics.

We are no longer taught in the public school system the "why" behind the principles of the constitution. As such, the main populous of America is tossed by the waves of the sea rather than anchored in the principles of good government. How can we teach people to take the time and determine what are their principles? It is so confusing to people to these days with so much evil being called good and so much good being called evil.

We must be increasingly watchful that the constitution is not abandoned. We can be silent no longer when our rights are being removed. I will continue to seek a restoration of a free market and a restriction of government to is basic purposes. I would not now advocate a modern American Revolution, but rather an American Restoration. Watch out for more legal plunder and then fight it when you recognize it!

My mind has been flooded with scenes from the Old Testament when people clamoured for a king, in spite of God's warnings against having one. To their own detriment, a king was given them. Likewise, my fellow Americans clamoured for change, but they know not what they do.

I'm grateful that neither party has a super-majority in the US Senate. That gives bad laws at least one more check and balance.

An interesting irony, in view to the left swing of last night, the religious right in California appears to have pulled off a constitutional ban on same-sex marriage. Hardly in the news, Arizona also passed a state constitutional ban on same-sex marriage. Fascinating and encouraging! Even though liberal courts create laws by interpreting the constitution according to their own biases, the people can still change the constitution to make it very clear to the courts what is indeed their will.

Idaho remains a solid conservative state. Even, Walt Minnick (D) who defeated the incumbent Bill Sali (R) for the US House of Reps is a fiscally conservative, pro-business Democrat.

I pray that Obama will inspire Americans to work harder than ever and to love each more than ever. I pray that President Obama will truly honor and uphold the Constitution.

I pray that the economy will stabilize now that this brutal election is finally over.

I pray for world peace.

I am at peace within myself thinking that perhaps all these things are part of the program the leads up to the return of the King of Kings.

4 comentarios:

Dessa Mae dijo...

Very well written!!! i agree with you. Thanks Robert!!

Az Kelms dijo...

Robert, you always say things so well. Good job.

Dixie Packer dijo...

couldn't agree with you more. although it also makes me realize... i hardly ever comment on your blog because you're thoughts are so far above mine. i think kids have made me lose my brain cells.

Nat dijo...

thank you cousin! I needed these uplifting words about the election. Sometimes I just get overly concerned, but ultimately we have no need to fear right? :) I appreciate you!