sábado, diciembre 20, 2008

Just some random updates...



I had five days of vacation time to use up so I've taken two long weekends.  Last week I went elk hunting up at Avimor in the Boise foothills with my father-in-law, Lynn Davenport, and my uncle Dave Mortensen.  We didn't get anything but it sure was nice to be up in the hills and cruising around on four-wheelers.  We could use the meat, so maybe we'll get another chance.  We saw lots of wolf tracks along with bear scat.  Pretty cool!

Yesterday we took the kids up to a great sledding hill at Avimor right off of Pearl Rd.  My dad, Wayne, Sherstine, and Liv joined us, along with our friends the Jensen's.  Being able to have a four-wheeler haul kids up to the top of the hill sure does make it more enjoyable.  The kids last longer than when they have to trudge up the hill and get worn out after just a couple trips.

The other day I started adding friends to my facebook account.  I really enjoyed the short-term popularity I felt as all of my friendly acquaintances and family members responded.  What a great way to network.

On politics...I wish Obama and Biden would quit trying to save their political-backsides by stating how this economy is so awful that they might not be able to fix it.  I wish they would continue with their campaign message of "hope".  We need a leader that will help restore consumer confidence along with restoring some much needed morality to our nation.

This whole Illinois-Chicago political mess is disturbing.  I think Obama cannot help but to have been tainted by what has been going on there for decades.  I think Blago really does think what he was doing was fine...because really it was just typical Chicago-style politics.   

2 comentarios:

Sara dijo...

Great post--I agree

northslopegang dijo...

Ditto......see you on facebook also.