viernes, noviembre 06, 2009

Insurance itself is part of the problem

3 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

People at work think I'm crazy to pay 4 dollars for generic prescriptions at walmart instead of waiting almost an hour to get them free at the pharmacy on base. Universal coverage only works when whoever owns the policy also owns you.

Marilyn Lewis dijo...

Very interesting. The House should vote today. I wonder if there are enough votes to pass it & how many people actually read it.

Sashimi Guy dijo...

I would point out that people should be expected to pay for their own health care, but in order for this to work people need to not only be expected to pay for their own health care but also need to be allowed to pay for their own health care.

I've actually been denied treatment by a hospital when my insurance company unjustly denied me coverage. I was willing to pay for it myself, but was told I couldn't do it without my insurance, ironically because of all the bankruptcies the insurance industry is generating.

If this happens to someone lucky enough to have health insurance, what about the millions of Americans who are denied health insurance because of a "pre-existing condition." Aren't the ones with "pre-existing conditions" the ones who need the health care most?