miércoles, octubre 27, 2010

I am possibly moving to this?

Could I be moving my family to the Socialist City of Baltimore Maryland?

The city health department now fines food establishments that have too much trans fat in their butter!

http://www.wbaltv.com/r/25508790/detail.html

What happened to individual responsibility with food choices?  Oh wait, I forget that it is the tendency of government to think that its citizens are dumb and need to be told what to do and how to do it.  The great nanny-state!

2 comentarios:

Sushi-Mama dijo...

Robert, We are so happy and excited for your new opportunity! What an adventure and a blessing. You will be so close to all of the goings-on in Washington. (I don't know if that is too exciting, though...)! And one of my favorite shows, "Ace of Cakes," is filmed in Baltimore. Woohoo!
Regarding the trans fat issue: trans fat comes from margarine, not butter, and is not a natural food product. I wonder if most people know this?? They are not cracking down on butter, which is a REAL food. Trans fat causes heart disease, which to me is similar to ecoli or salmonella causing major sickness. Restaurants need to be inspected for cleanliness and those above-mentioned "bugs." I think it is a good idea.

Unknown dijo...

Robert,

This is Mac Fan, the former Quiet Donkey. That is both great and sad news. We are very happy for this new opportunity for you and your family. We are, however, sad that it is so far away. We hope we will still be able to see you periodically. We will be following you on your blog. Do you have any dates for when you have to be there? Do you have to wait to sell your house first?

With regard to the fat issue mentioned above, I agree it is sad that personal responsibility is so far gone, on the part of both the consumer and the producer. People would sell an asbestos sandwich if they could make money off it, and people would buy it if it were cheap. It's sad that consumers don't demand more and it's sad that there are so many people so willing not to be honest with their customers. People in this day and age of so many artificial "food" items need to consider the "cost" of the items they take into their bodies not just the price.