viernes, abril 22, 2011
12 Years with Jessica!
The other day while driving home from work I was thinking about how it seems like Jessica and my relationship was just starting. There are times where it seems fresh, new, and exciting in spite of the mundane schedule of life. Then I started thinking about all the places we've lived, all the things we've experienced together, and the kids that we have...and WOW!...we sure crammed a lot into those 12 short years!
I'm especially grateful for my bride of 12 years for all the love and support she has given me in this last year of financial challenges related to my under-employment. She was so strong, so faithful, so grateful...just what a guy needs to help him navigate through adversity.
Although she detests the molly-mormon stereotype and her personality and personal style doesn't match it all, she can do all those wifely, motherly, and homemaking things with the greatest of skill. Some of you know, but others may not, that Jessica is a dang good cook! She sews all kinds of things, paints, scrapbooks, you name it, she can do it!
Jessica loves to celebrate holidays and birthdays. She goes way out of her way to make each event BIG for the kids so that they have wonderful traditions and memories. I admire that!
Jessica is the sincerest friend. Though often shy at first, once you are in her circle of friends you get her full devotion, concern, service, and gifts. Because she is such a good friend, her example of living the gospel and inviting others to join her is just natural. She is the best missionary I have ever seen and I am proud to be married to her.
Anyway, I could go on with my wife-imony, but let it be known on the records of Earth and Heaven that Robert Keith Mortensen loves Jessica LaPreal more now than he did 12 years ago!
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)
1 comentario:
Great post, Robert! It sounds like you and Jessica are PERFECT for each other. I'm so glad you found her! Happy 12 years!
Publicar un comentario