miércoles, julio 23, 2008

Robert joins with Al Gore???

In an effort to save the planet I have purchased an 80 mpg Roketa scooter. Yea right! Save the planet? I'm just savin' money and lovin' the thrill of scootin' down the Treasure Valley's roadways.

Now I have to admit that I'm being emasculated by friends and co-workers at every turn. I'm affectionately called "Scooter" and told that all I'm missing is a "My Little Pony" tatoo. With my new calling as Primary Chorister (typically occupied by women) and all the scooter jokes tied to those with alternative lifestyles...it takes a deep confidence in my own masculinity, which I have an over-abundance of to say, "Laugh it up guys! I'm savin' money."

I am enjoying the exhillaration of driving again. There is a certain pleasure of being one with the road in the open air. I have found all my senses heightened to maximum due to my fear of becoming an organ donor. I have never felt so naked driving down the road. The wind rushing past me, bugs stinging my face as they splat on my cheeks at 50 mph, driving through the mist from sprinklers irrigating the farms, the smells of crops and farm animals, I love it. Its fantastic!

I am noticing tons of motorcycles on the road now, much to the chagrin of the old timer motorcylce dudes and dudettes. That fraternity of the low two fingered wave is something precious and not to be messed with by the likes of me on my 150 cc's. My scooter has an old-school front end with a Harley headligh, so it tends to confused the old-school motorcyclists and they wave to me too. But one guy I saw wave to me, jerked his two fingered wave right back as soon as he realized I was on a whimpy scooter and not on a respectable hog.

So here I am ridiculed by those around me and rejected by the biker dudes. Oh well. I love ridin' it and I love savin' cash.

4 comentarios:

Brittney dijo...

Oh, my gosh you are hilarious!! I have to say I really enjoyed that entry! I still think of you as a manly man, even on your scooter! Hey by the way I tagged you, you can thank Jess for that!

Kristy dijo...

your scooter is hilarious. I love it I keep trying to get Travis to take one to work, but I don't think the guys at his station would let him hear the end of it. They give him a hard time for his girly civic. I guess they don't mind paying 200$ a pop at the pump! Anyway I love the scooter!

northslopegang dijo...

Not only do you save gas but now with your meal on your face you can save at the grocery store too!!
Remember keep your mouth wide open for the big ones to get in. Oh, almost forgot..for the Mrs. sake. No kissing until your food is all gone and the plate (I mean face) has been cleaned.

the mortensen's dijo...

my parents have been proud owners of a "scooty"(as we like to refer to it) for a couple of years now! We love it. but more that that, they love the extra money in their pockets!