
During our media fast a couple months back, I read both The Iliad and The Odyssey. I really enjoyed both books and found The Odyssey to actually be captivating for classical early western literature. 
Next I read Chesapeake by James Michener. This is a historical novel about the Chesapeake Bay area. Fascinating, but very long. Michener is probably best known for his book that turned into the movie "South Pacific". I picked up a few of his other books for a buck each at a cash-and-carry sale. I look forward to reading them and found his writing style very enjoyable and enlightening.


Then I had to catch up to Jessica by reading both Breaking Dawn and The Host. I loved both of these books as well.

I just started Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility and I find that I really like it too. So at least three of the six books I have read recently are on the BYU Great Works list, but the other three were great distractions.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario