miércoles, octubre 08, 2008

The Great Debate

John McCain can’t stop throwing out crazy socialist ideas in an effort to show the American people that he is indeed our “friend”.  In the debate last night, he says that if he were President, he would order the government to buy up all the struggling mortgages and refinance them at the current market value of the home.  Ok, I’m in that situation so it sounds fine and dandy to me…that is until you think about the consequences of such rash actions.  How fair would that be to all the people who made good financial decisions and are paying their mortgages?  They would end up paying for my mistakes in higher taxes used to pay for the mortgage bail-outs. 

It is so absurd that McCain would say within the same hour that we need to shut down all the reckless spending in Washington and then say that he would fork out billions more of our money to people who chose poorly.  I don’t get it!  Does he have a split personality?  Is he already senile?  He didn’t rise to occasion last night to thump Obama good.  Where is Mitt Romney when I need him?!

Then my blood really starts to boil when Barack Obama says that the current economic situation is due to “failed economic policies of the Bush administration.”  How can he sleep at night when he is lying through his teeth?  He knows the history of government intervention in the mortgage industry and how the government forced lenders into the subprime business.  What a joke!

I don’t want to vote for either of these two whackos.  I’m tempted to look harder at the Libertarians, but when I read Bob Barr’s platform, I just can’t stomach his stance on the war and moral issues.  McCain is still the most in line with my political beliefs, but he seems to be slipping away from me more and more.

1 comentario:

Az Kelms dijo...

It is a scary thought about what November is going to bring. Most people I have talked to also are having a hard time deciding which person to vote for. I think that the end of the world as we know it, is coming to a close.