lunes, octubre 27, 2008

Is Snopes.com biased in favor of Obama?

Snopes is a website that I check daily for whatever new items they have. I have been sensing this pro-Obama agenda from Snopes.com. I e-mailed them criticizing them for taking Obama's word for it on many of the issues, rather than applying their typical skeptical exploration for the truth from deeper sources. It really feels like they have given Obama a free pass and the balance of their latest articles have been to defend claims against Obama.

Here is the count of what I see on Snopes since September. This is my attempted at an unbiased judgement about how Snopes cast the light on the candidates:

9 Positive-Obama articles
2 Nuetral-Obama articles
1 Positive-Biden article
1 Pro-McCain article
3 Nuetral-McCain articles
1 Negative-McCain article
3 Positive-Palin articles
3 Negative-Palin articles

It really seems to be blatant Obama support on the part of Snopes.com and because of it I am extremely disappointed. Are there really more rumors out there about Obama, or is Snopes focusing in on defending Obama?

I recently added truthorfiction.com to my list of e-myth debunking sources, but just like all the fact-checkers, none of them are completely unbiased. Fact-checkers need fact-checkers and bias-checkers too.

"Facts are stubborn things" (John Adams). So, when these fact check websites post information, if they have substantiated facts, I am prone to believe them, but when they perpetuate opinions and call them "facts", I don't give them any credence.

No hay comentarios: